Welcome

Sacred Ordinary - I finally found a way to explain what it means to me: "It is forged in the daily and tempered in the ordinary. It is a slow and steady and deliberate gathering of the years. It is a combination of keen attentiveness—to God, to self, to others, to life—and holy indifference—to trifles, to insults, to useless distractions. It is planned, not in some goose-stepping mechanical way, but in the sense that it builds on a resolve to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of you, and to take every though captive and make it obedient to Christ."
- Stephen A. Macchia

2016 I have chosen to live in light of ETERNITY. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 10:39 KJV I want my little life that I have been given to be a testimony for the blood that was shed for me on Calvary's cross.


This year and for the years to come, it is about surrendering to God and giving my family and those I meet along the way, JESUS! I am going to let my light shine. LIFE is SHORT! We do not know when we will die. Each day we need to make the most of the time that we have, for it may be our last. AS FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST, all of us should live each moment in light of eternity.


The decisions we make in this life determine where and how we will spend the next. We should, therefore, make certain that the right decisions are made.


The final states are fixed, there is no second chance. Finally, we should have heaven constantly on our mind so as to have an impact in this world. (Especially our family)


I want to leave an Eternal Legacy. Living in light of Eternity causes us to focus on what is truly important. It is not about the furniture we own, the clothes we wear, the places we want to travel or even the church we attend. IT IS ALL ABOUT SOULS and if they KNOW JESUS PERSONALLY.


Lord, remind us just how brief our time here on earth will be. Our days are numbered, our life is fleeting. Each of us is just a vapor, a breath. Are we living in light of ETERNITY? Are we ready to meet our maker?

Living in Light of Eternity
Christina

***********************

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

10 Commandments That Will Make You Rethink Greeting Cards




As the teaching of handwriting is declining in schools, the art of handwritten notes and cards is making a comeback. It’s kind of a “greatest and second greatest commandment” sort of thing – to love God with all we are and have, AND to love those around us. Sending a card is a simple, inexpensive, and very meaningful way to love like Jesus. While there are no rules to being kind, here are a few things (commandments, if you will) to keep in mind about the value and purpose for looking up a street address and licking (or sticking) that stamp.

1. Be thankful for one another.

Opening my mailbox and finding a thank-you note from one of my nephews is a day brightener every time. Thank-you notes used to be an art form, and now they’re more like rare treasures. It’s very classy to send a thank-you note for gifts you’ve received, events you’re invited to, or when a friend does something kind. Oh, and don’t forget, if you’re on the job hunt, make sure you send thank-you notes to the people you meet at job interviews.


Shop Thank You Cards »


I always thank God when I am praying for you.
- Philemon 1:4 NLT

2. Encourage one another.

It doesn’t take long to find someone hurting or going through a difficult challenge these days. Sincere, thoughtful encouragement can do wonders for both the giver and the receiver. Be extravagant with your kind words, and your relationship is likely to be blessed. With so many people needing encouragement, one thing I love to do is to post encouraging eCards on my friends’ Facebook walls that have a memorable quote or sweet sentiment. And since it feels like pretty much every day one of my friends is either having a birthday or a baby or getting married, I can always post one on their wall so they know I’m thinking of them.


Send a Free eCard »

Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
- I Thessalonians 5:11 NKJV

3. Trust God for and with one another.

Apart from Jesus, there’s no hope. He’s the light for every tough situation. There are many greeting cards out there that point people to inner strength or will power. But the richest gift you can give a friend is to believe in the real source of hope.
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
- Hebrews 6:19 NIV

4. Love one another (and that includes strangers).

Some of the most impactful cards I’ve received have been from completely unexpected places - or people. Don’t underestimate the power of thanking the mail carrier, encouraging a pastor or worship leader, or remembering the birthday of a coworker.
Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
- Proverbs 16:24 NLT

5. Honor one another.

Honor is to see the value in a person and call it out. Every time I send a card to my 88 year old grandmother, I’m sure to get a phone call or handwritten note right back. I can tell she’s been encouraged and feels remembered - and that blesses my heart, too. Think of someone you can honor by spending a little time writing down what you admire and see in them that they may not be aware of.
Honor Christ and put others first.
- Ephesians 5:21 CEV

6. There’s a time to cry, and a time for celebration.

I lost a close loved one recently. Every card, hug and casserole was a little reminder saying, “I know I can’t fix this – but I’m with you. You’re not alone.” I also still have the “Congratulations!” card for the day I got my braces off (in 1989). We’re never limited by why to remind someone we love them - so think outside the box (unless you’re using DaySpring boxed cards)!
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
- Romans 12:15 NKJV

7. Build one another up.

Sticks and stones break bones, and words do hurt - but they can also heal, strengthen, grow, encourage, and help. Let’s face it, some people are just better at words than others, but the beauty of greeting cards is that many times they say what our hearts were trying to communicate that we couldn’t come up with on our own. Then on top of that, every word you write from the heart is a genuine blessing that has tremendous meaning and can build someone up.
But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith.
- Jude 1:20-21 NLT

8. Pray for one another.

When I send a card to someone, I pray for them as I drop it in the mailbox. You never know how your kindness and thoughtfulness will bless someone’s day on the other end of the mailbox. There’s so much power in believing God - together - for what He can and will do.
If two of you on earth agree about something and pray for it, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven.
- Matthew 18:19 NCV

9. Keep the preaching to the pulpit.

There’s a time and a place for heart to heart talks - but the most effective letters, notes, and greeting cards usually reflect the gentleness and generous heart of Jesus. It doesn’t have to be crafty or serious. It can be silly, short, sweet, rhymed or prose. Just let yourself be yourself, and your genuine caring will shine through.
And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted.
- Ephesians 4:32 AMP

10. Be Jesus to one another.

You can ask “What would Jesus do” in any situation - but it might be more effective to ask Jesus what He is doing. I can want to show love to someone, but in the end, only the Holy Spirit can give me the insight I need in order to meet the needs of my loved ones. I always pray before I write a note in a card to someone, and I ask the Holy Spirit for a scripture or word of truth for them.
Pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them.
- I Timothy 2:1 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, will respond in-between the moments....