Welcome

Sacred Ordinary - I finally found a way to explain what it means to me: "It is forged in the daily and tempered in the ordinary. It is a slow and steady and deliberate gathering of the years. It is a combination of keen attentiveness—to God, to self, to others, to life—and holy indifference—to trifles, to insults, to useless distractions. It is planned, not in some goose-stepping mechanical way, but in the sense that it builds on a resolve to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of you, and to take every though captive and make it obedient to Christ."
- Stephen A. Macchia

2016 I have chosen to live in light of ETERNITY. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 10:39 KJV I want my little life that I have been given to be a testimony for the blood that was shed for me on Calvary's cross.


This year and for the years to come, it is about surrendering to God and giving my family and those I meet along the way, JESUS! I am going to let my light shine. LIFE is SHORT! We do not know when we will die. Each day we need to make the most of the time that we have, for it may be our last. AS FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST, all of us should live each moment in light of eternity.


The decisions we make in this life determine where and how we will spend the next. We should, therefore, make certain that the right decisions are made.


The final states are fixed, there is no second chance. Finally, we should have heaven constantly on our mind so as to have an impact in this world. (Especially our family)


I want to leave an Eternal Legacy. Living in light of Eternity causes us to focus on what is truly important. It is not about the furniture we own, the clothes we wear, the places we want to travel or even the church we attend. IT IS ALL ABOUT SOULS and if they KNOW JESUS PERSONALLY.


Lord, remind us just how brief our time here on earth will be. Our days are numbered, our life is fleeting. Each of us is just a vapor, a breath. Are we living in light of ETERNITY? Are we ready to meet our maker?

Living in Light of Eternity
Christina

***********************

Friday, January 1, 2016

New Beginnings of Hope

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. — John 3:16 (NIV).
What makes this the most sought-after verse in the Bible? Perhaps we fear that Job was right? (See verse below (Job 7:6)

The John 3:16 passage gives people a ray of hope that there is certainly more to life than what Job (7:6) saw. This longing for hope is why the Jeremiah passage is so important to people: 
My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and they come to an end without hope. -   Job 7:6    
For I know the plans I have for you. declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. — Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV).
We want to know that God has a plan for us, and that there is hope for a hopeless world. What people need to know is what Paul Harvey referred to as “the rest of the story.” John 3:17 offers a glimpse:
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. — John 3:17 (NIV)
Hope comes, not as a blanket promise, but under a condition. We must come to Jesus and find salvation through him.
The Jeremiah passage also offers conditions for the hope people seek:
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek  me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. —  Jeremiah 29:12-13 (NIV)
HOPE comes when we find our salvation in Jesus, when we call on him, when we come to him, and pray in his name. When these things happen we will have the hope that we seek. Having established this, we can now add depth and flavor to the hope we have in him by observing other Hope Bible verses.  You can find the rest of this article on Hope at Faith Gateway . . .

As believers we are called to put our hope in Jesus Christ; knowing that His love will rest upon us.  Toda, it seems we live in a world where it is very easy sometimes to forget the hope that we have in Him.  We look around and we are always hearing about wars and rumors of wars, violence, street shootings, abortion . . .  Disappointment can strike at anytime.

A mother excited, is about to give birth to her beautiful little girl, quickly turns to heartache and disappointment. Now she is mourning her baby, delivered still born. . . . But HOPE, hope says - "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4  

A couple happily in love, or so she thought until she finds out her husband has been having an affair for months . . . But HOPE, hope says -  "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."      Mark 10:9

Someone has lost their job, a child has lost their parent, a family has no food to eat . . . And the list goes on and on.  Disappointments everywhere and they have made many people too afraid to risk being let down.  Look around; people are living like robots. I go to a restaurant and families are sitting together but starring at electronic devices. NO ONE IS COMMUNICATING anymore.

Oh I know, people say they have hope. But do they have real and lasting hope? Just because people  put their hope in their job, a relationship, medicine, drugs, alcohol, the stock market, the lottery and so on and so forth . . . this is not real everlasting hope.

HOPE says - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises."  Romans 15:13 AMP

I challenge you this new year, (2016) put your HOPE in Jesus.
No matter what you are facing and no matter what is happening in your life this very moment, with Christ, your current story has an amazing ending.  Even though your valley may seem very dark and you have no answers; there is always HOPE at the end of your journey here on earth.  

Jesus paid it ALL.  The cross of Christ is our HOPE.  His finishing work on the cross has given us a steadfast assurance that we have a HOPE and a future with Him.  No matter what you are going through, the end of the story is . . . HE WINS.

So lift your head up high, you are a daughter of the most HIGH GOD!  People can either celebrate you or criticize you, be for you or against you . . . But HOPE says - YOU ARE ROYALTY - "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9 

You see His marvelous light will shine upon you and show you the way out of your dark valley.  He is with you always and He will never leave you. He is YOUR HOPE.


I leave you will one of my favorite Chapters in Psalms (23:1-6)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, will respond in-between the moments....