Welcome

Sacred Ordinary - I finally found a way to explain what it means to me: "It is forged in the daily and tempered in the ordinary. It is a slow and steady and deliberate gathering of the years. It is a combination of keen attentiveness—to God, to self, to others, to life—and holy indifference—to trifles, to insults, to useless distractions. It is planned, not in some goose-stepping mechanical way, but in the sense that it builds on a resolve to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of you, and to take every though captive and make it obedient to Christ."
- Stephen A. Macchia

2016 I have chosen to live in light of ETERNITY. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 10:39 KJV I want my little life that I have been given to be a testimony for the blood that was shed for me on Calvary's cross.


This year and for the years to come, it is about surrendering to God and giving my family and those I meet along the way, JESUS! I am going to let my light shine. LIFE is SHORT! We do not know when we will die. Each day we need to make the most of the time that we have, for it may be our last. AS FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST, all of us should live each moment in light of eternity.


The decisions we make in this life determine where and how we will spend the next. We should, therefore, make certain that the right decisions are made.


The final states are fixed, there is no second chance. Finally, we should have heaven constantly on our mind so as to have an impact in this world. (Especially our family)


I want to leave an Eternal Legacy. Living in light of Eternity causes us to focus on what is truly important. It is not about the furniture we own, the clothes we wear, the places we want to travel or even the church we attend. IT IS ALL ABOUT SOULS and if they KNOW JESUS PERSONALLY.


Lord, remind us just how brief our time here on earth will be. Our days are numbered, our life is fleeting. Each of us is just a vapor, a breath. Are we living in light of ETERNITY? Are we ready to meet our maker?

Living in Light of Eternity
Christina

***********************

Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Minute Friday

the 5 minute word prompt is :  

WRITER


5...4....3....2...1

GO!

". . .  I am a writer...

Words move through my mind like water running through empty space.

I am a writer. . . my world is a sketchpad, my fingers to the typewriter - my pin to paper. . . waiting for me to paint the picture in thoughts, words and phrases. Pregnant with moment.

Not wanting more time. . . just enough time for this moment. Time to breathe . . .  in their laughter, time  to smell. . . salty caramel chocolate, time to see . . . squirrels chase one by one, time to laugh . . . children silly living free without hate in heart.

I am a writer... in my world there is textures, smells, foods to savor and joys to embrace. I seek to choose words that cause another to be present in my scenery. To be right where I am. . .seeing, hearing, touching, tasting. . . 

I want to remain here fully all here, time slow, attention full, the river of my life moving slow. Making blind eyes see, deaf ears hear. . . giving thanks for every moment He allows within my life.

I am a writer. . . breathing in moments, turned sacred, to tell their story not knowing whats next.  A God moments framed in words.

Moments . . .abc's . . . how they are added together to make words, phrases, imagery and places. There’s something magical sweet about lining up letters into words into phrases to find the very thing you want to say. . .suspended time in moments described in words

Words are delicious . . . 

I love words. I’m a verbiage collector.

I am not just one who writes. . .to talk or to share such as in facebook and twitter. . .

I am a writer. . .one who becomes vulnerable . . .

I am a writer. . . chameleon like. . . I fashion images with my words...tease speech from oceans deep.

I am a writer. . .spilling my soul out on blank pages. . .seeing poetry everywhere I go. . . a broken vase, a feather lost. . .

 ex. (bird feather 4/8/14)  . . .

little one perched up so high
your feathers fall from the sky
spiral down to the forest floor
today you rest tomorrow you soar

feathers many I see below
a loss in order to cause new growth
little one do not stop your song
soon you will see that for which
you've longed

up so high standing on your perch
new feathers fluffed I watch you search
I see you there beautiful one
today you've rested tomorrow your gone.

I am here, I am present to a very present God fully holding life as long as I can, my fingers to the typewriter - my pin to paper. I write. I give thanks and receive more time in the moment.

I breathe deep watch little ones sleep . . . I give thanks . . . I give grace for another day . . . tomorrow I pray they too choose grace for one another.

I am not one who writes. . .I am a writer one who gives you my heart, my spirit, my soul. . . 
   until then I remain silent. . .waiting. . .looking. . .for the next moment to share.

“Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” Francis Bacon

I am . . . a writer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, will respond in-between the moments....