Welcome

Sacred Ordinary - I finally found a way to explain what it means to me: "It is forged in the daily and tempered in the ordinary. It is a slow and steady and deliberate gathering of the years. It is a combination of keen attentiveness—to God, to self, to others, to life—and holy indifference—to trifles, to insults, to useless distractions. It is planned, not in some goose-stepping mechanical way, but in the sense that it builds on a resolve to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of you, and to take every though captive and make it obedient to Christ."
- Stephen A. Macchia

2016 I have chosen to live in light of ETERNITY. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 10:39 KJV I want my little life that I have been given to be a testimony for the blood that was shed for me on Calvary's cross.


This year and for the years to come, it is about surrendering to God and giving my family and those I meet along the way, JESUS! I am going to let my light shine. LIFE is SHORT! We do not know when we will die. Each day we need to make the most of the time that we have, for it may be our last. AS FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST, all of us should live each moment in light of eternity.


The decisions we make in this life determine where and how we will spend the next. We should, therefore, make certain that the right decisions are made.


The final states are fixed, there is no second chance. Finally, we should have heaven constantly on our mind so as to have an impact in this world. (Especially our family)


I want to leave an Eternal Legacy. Living in light of Eternity causes us to focus on what is truly important. It is not about the furniture we own, the clothes we wear, the places we want to travel or even the church we attend. IT IS ALL ABOUT SOULS and if they KNOW JESUS PERSONALLY.


Lord, remind us just how brief our time here on earth will be. Our days are numbered, our life is fleeting. Each of us is just a vapor, a breath. Are we living in light of ETERNITY? Are we ready to meet our maker?

Living in Light of Eternity
Christina

***********************

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Free Giveaway...

Happy (Book) Birthday, Lisa-Jo! 

Today is the day! 

 
You can order your copy from Amazon HERE! 

If they sell out, and you cannot wait (who can, really?) 
you can also purchase a copy at any of these locations: 

Barnes & Noble 
DaySpring 
 LifeWay 
 CBD 
Walmart


Happy (Book) Birthday, Lisa-Jo!

No More Sleeps... today is the day!  
You can order your copy from Amazon HERE!
If they sell out, and you cannot wait (who can, really?) you can also purchase a copy at any of these locations:
Barnes & Noble 


DaySpring


LifeWay


CBD


Walmart
- See more at: http://abidingloveaboundinggrace.blogspot.com/#sthash.h4qMEktW.dpuf

Happy (Book) Birthday, Lisa-Jo!

No More Sleeps... today is the day!  
You can order your copy from Amazon HERE!
If they sell out, and you cannot wait (who can, really?) you can also purchase a copy at any of these locations:
Barnes & Noble 


DaySpring


LifeWay


CBD


Walmart
- See more at: http://abidingloveaboundinggrace.blogspot.com/#sthash.h4qMEktW.dpuf



GIVEAWAY 5 COPIES OF MY BOOK AND 5 TEA SETS: I am thrilled to be giving away five copies of my new book today — Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected About Being a Mom. AND five sets of Daily Grace Teacups and Teapots.
 
Five Book and Tea SetGIVEAWAY
Untitled

To be entered to win simply leave a comment sharing one thing about motherhood or about your own mom that has surprised you.
To read the first 3 chapters of the book for free, click here.
To purchase a copy for you, a friend, your mom, the ladies in your MOPS group,  just click here.


I will share my comment that I left...

Grace ...the overwhelming reality of grace 

that we give our children no matter what they have done. 

My children (which are 8) have taught me a whole lot about my Papa's grace and unconditional love.  

Motherhood has taught me to slow down and enjoy life with all it's ups and downs, joys and sorrows... 

I have come to pause and embrace the piles of laundry, sink full to the brim with dishes that bare witness to little nourished bellies, small shaped hand-prints on the walls tell stories of siblings that are many, one little sock with no match at the end of the laundry basket, 2 ounces of juice left in the container. 

These little moments of life that to some may seem ordinary, but in my life, they are mine and they are sacred. 

For it is in these moments that I see the face and hand of God.  

These are the moments that one day will lie with me when my time has ended and my life is lowered to rest in the ground awaiting the presence of God, but through the skill of my pen left within journals piled high, it is my way of giving my children memories unforgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, will respond in-between the moments....